Textures of artificial hair vary from very straight to extremely curly, or kinky. The exact names of curl patterns vary by brand, and the possibilities of curl patterns with synthetic hair are endless, but some examples of packaged textures include:
- Silky Straight - Straight and smooth, East Asian like hair.
- Yaki - Straight, usually mimicking the texture of relaxed Afro-Caribbean hair.
- European - Straight European hair; less straight than Asian hair. May have a tiny amount of wave.
- Deep Wave - While generally not a true 'wave', it can be made to look like spiral curls.
- Loose Deep Wave or Romance Wave - Looser version of the deep wave, softer, more romantic curls.
- Jheri Curl (sometimes colloquially known as 'nappy tracks') - Usually sold in very short lengths, it is often used to recreate the full 'afro' look.
- Wet and Wavy, can be packaged as Spanish Wave or Indian Wave - Usually human hair is used, and is either naturally curly or permanently waved to appear so. Characterized as having soft, natural-looking curls that revert to a curly state when wet.